It's not fair. Where was this when I was a kid?

You know, I enjoyed Summer camp as much as the next kid.

Going to Tadmor was definitely an experience, but all I wanted to do when I was there was go back home and skateboard.

Tadmor was also the place where I saw my skater friends slowly fade away into other activities, leaving me alone.

This last Saturday me and a couple guys I know went up to a place called "Windell's" that's outside of Sandy, but before Rhododendron.

Just take a look at this place.

There was a place where you had all the cabins on opposite sides of a grove of trees.   But there were sidewalks with skateable objects all over the place.  Ramps banking from one cabin to the next.  Two trees that were too close together had a curved ramp going through the middle of them.

This is what you do when you walk out of your cabin at Windell's.

Not to mention the fact that they also have a full sized outdoor skate park that they're still adding onto.


Oh, but that's not all.

They also had a full 15,000 square foot indoor skatepark as well.

It even had a foam pit so you could practice your airs without slamming into the ground.


So that pretty much cinched it for me.  I need to either get my time machine working, or I need to fake my age and try to get enrolled into summer camp.

Posted by jason | at Monday, March 15, 2010

1 comments:

Mateo Martinez said...

I don't recommend faking your age. That happened at a school where my parents live... We'll just say that guy is now is jail.